Sarvaas Ciappara Lawyers is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information. This Website Privacy Notice explains our policy for dealing with personal information that we may collect through our website 'sclaw.com.au'.
Throughout this Policy, we refer to your 'personal information' which means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained.
We will post any changes to this Website Privacy Notice on the Websites.
The information about you which we may collect through the Website includes:
- Information collected when you register or update an online profile, which may include personal information such as your name and contact details
- The content of electronic forms you submit via the Websites, requesting us to provide services or information, or take actions
- Any messages or comments you submit to us via the Websites, eg through an email or 'Contact Sarvaas Ciappara Lawyers' links.
In common with many commercial websites we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to the Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the Websites are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where the Websites are accessed via links in an email we have sent which specifically refers to the possibility that click-throughs to links may be tracked.
Use and disclosure of information
We may share personal information with other service providers including organisations that assist us by providing archival, auditing, consulting, mailhouse, delivery, technology and security services.
In addition to providing our services (including legal, training and consulting services) to you, we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you:
- For the purposes for which it was collected.
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- For purposes related to Sarvaas Ciappara Lawyers' research, planning, service development, security and risk management.
- Where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in Sarvaas Ciappara Lawyers, or to the extent that we are required or authorised by law to do so.
We may also use your personal information to keep you informed of our services, events, developments in the law and other matters. If you do not wish to be contacted for those purposes, please let us know using the contact details set out below. We aim to provide you with information and invitations that we consider may be of interest or relevance to your business.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some sections of the Website may protect your personal information by requiring you to use a password. For your own protection, we require you to keep this confidential and to change your password regularly.
Access to information
If you wish to request access to any personal information which we hold about you as a result of our information collection practices outlined in this Website Privacy Notice, please contact us. Please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it.
Version 1, 19 September 2009